SERVPRO Provides Fire Protocol Tips For Albany and Americus Businesses.
11 Tips for What to do During and After a Business Fire
Americus commercial fire damage can have a devastating impact on the daily activities of your business. In order to survive Americus commercial fire damage, your company needs to have a plan of action. At SERVPRO, we know how disorienting and frightening a fire can be. We have compiled a list of things you can do in the event of a business fire.
1. Check your doors. Before opening any door, you should check the opening of the door to see if there is the presence of smoke. The saying 'where there is smoke there is fire' is an accurate statement. If you see any smoke, do not open the door. You can also touch the door to gauge its temperature. Exit through windows if the doors are unavailable.
2. Get out of the building - FAST. It is important not to waste time gathering personal items. Find the nearest route to get you and your staff to safety. When you are safely outside of the building, move as far away from it as possible.
3. Be aware of the dangers of smoke inhalation. As you exit the building, stay as far away from smoke as possible. Instead of walking, crawl on the floor until you are safely out of the building. Inhaling smoke can cause you to feel weak and lead to death. Stay clear of any smoke.
4. Take a head count. When your staff has moved to a safe place, count the number of people that have made it out of the building safely. If you find that a person is missing, do not go back into the building to find them. Allow the first responders to conduct the search. Only return to the building when it is safe to do so.
5. Contact the American Red Cross.
6. Call your insurance company. They can help you fix the commercial damage.
7. Do not re-enter the building without permission from the fire department under any circumstances.
8. Gather your records and important documents to present to the insurance company.
9. Keep track of any expenses related to the commercial damage.
10. Contact the police. If your property is abandoned and open to the public, request police to monitor the building during your absence.
11. Contact SERVPRO for disaster restoration services.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is locally owned and operated and we are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,650 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large-scale fire, water, and storm disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Commercial Fire Damage Albany, GA
- Leesburg Commercial Fire Damage, GA
- Commercial Fire Damage Americus, GA
- Sylvester Commercial Fire Damage, GA
- Commercial Fire Damage Camilla, GA
- Dawson Commercial Fire Damage, GA
- Commercial Fire Damage Cuthbert, GA
- Bainbridge Commercial Fire Damage, GA
- Commercial Fire Damage Montezuma, GA
- Vienna Commercial Fire Damage, GA