Understanding What Water Damage Is, And Who To Call, Leaves You Set Up For Success When Disaster Strikes.
Sometimes you need to go back to the basics when dealing with common restoration services needs. Approaching storm season, it is fitting to start with what water damage is!
Water damage restoration is the process of mitigating and restoring a property that has been affected by water damage. This could occur as a result of floods, leaks, burst pipes, or other water-related incidents. It is important for several reasons:
1. Preventing further damage: Prompt water damage restoration is crucial in preventing further damage to the property and its contents. Water can quickly spread and seep into building materials, causing structural damage, weakening foundations, and promoting mold growth. By quickly removing the water and drying out the affected areas, further damage can be minimized.
2. Mold prevention: Standing water or excessive moisture provides the ideal breeding ground for mold growth. Mold can start growing within 24-48 hours after water damage occurs. It not only damages property but also poses health risks to occupants. Effective water damage restoration helps to dry out the affected areas, preventing the growth and spread of mold, and ensuring a healthy living or working environment. That’s why it’s important to have our experts on speed dial.
3. Salvaging belongings: Water damage can ruin furniture, electronics, documents, and personal belongings. SERVPRO water damage restoration professionals come in to assess the extent of damage and employ techniques to salvage items that are salvageable. This can help minimize financial loss and restore sentimental or valuable items that may hold significance.
4. Structural integrity: Water damage can compromise the structural integrity of a building. It can weaken foundations, walls, and floors, leading to long-term problems if not addressed promptly. Our crews have the expertise and equipment to assess structural issues and take appropriate measures to restore the integrity of the affected areas.
5. Insurance claims: Water damage restoration is often required to initiate an insurance claim. Insurance policies typically cover water damage caused by sudden and accidental events. However, insurance providers may require a thorough assessment and documentation of the damage to process the claim. Working with our team is the most sure fire way to ensure that the necessary documentation and evidence are provided to support the insurance claim.
Water damage restoration is important for mitigating further damage, preventing mold growth, salvaging belongings, preserving the structural integrity of a building, and facilitating insurance claims. It is a vital step in recovering from water-related incidents and returning the affected property to its pre-damaged condition.
You don’t need to handle this alone. Putting our contact information into your mobile phone, and having it on hand at home, is the best way to make sure you are ok when water damage comes your way!