Recent Commercial Posts
We’re Ready For, and Faster, to ANY SIZE Disaster!
Commercial Property Damage? Trust SERVPRO of Albany and Americus to Help!
When disaster threatens to derail your business, whether from a heavy storm or electrical fire, you want a local cleanup and restoration leader that you can TRUST to help get your business back to business faster. Choosing the right vendor, with the necessary training, experience, equipment, and expertise, is imperative to reducing the amount of damage your property sustains. So, what sets SERVPRO of Albany and Americus apart from the other options available in Southwest Georgia?
Extensive Network of Resources
The larger the damage, the more resources will be required for remediation. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus has the backing of over 2,000 nationwide franchises, providing a substantial amount of labor, equipment, consumables, and partner vendors to respond to any size disaster. Along with this extensive network, SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is proud to have the direct support of our sister franchises nearby: SERVPRO of Bay County, SERVPRO of North Pensacola, and SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County. These relationships give SERVPRO of Albany and Americus the ability to respond faster to your commercial disaster and begin the mitigation process.
Industry Leading Equipment, Training, and Technologies
SERVPRO of Albany and Americus’ team holds numerous certifications from the IICRC, allowing us to appropriately analyze a damage after it occurs, and formulate the most efficient plan for remediation. Along with this knowledge, our team utilizes industry leading equipment, including machinery for drying, dehumidification, and air purification, to begin the process of mitigating your damage safely and quickly. Finally, we employ proprietary documenting software to provide you, the customer, with information detailing all work done, including photos, for your records.
24/7/365 Emergency Response
Day or night, rain, or shine, the SERVPRO of Albany and Americus team is ready to respond when disaster strikes. The key to reducing business interruption is a timely response coupled with the appropriate techniques for restoration. The faster we arrive on site and assess the damage, the faster we can get your business “back to business.” We’re proud to be of service to the communities throughout Southwest Georgia and will work diligently to provide the best possible customer service experience during your cleanup and restoration process.
Commercial Property Damage? CALL 229-439-2048
Interested in Learning More? CALL 229-439-2048
In Need of Emergency Response? CALL 229-439-2048
SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is Here to Help!
Practicing Fire Safety in Your Business
Fire safety is extremely important for your business, too!
One of the most devastating things that can happen to a business owner is to have their commercial property suffer damages. Especially in the case of fire, there are a variety of measures that can be put in place to limit the amount of damage sustained and/or reduce the risk of a fire even taking place in the workplace. So, what can you do to not only help ensure the safety of your employees, but also protect your building when it comes to fire?
Fire extinguishers are one of the most common, and widely recognized, means of protecting property in case of fire. It is important to make sure your fire extinguishers are in date, located in easily accessible areas of the building, and are the proper type of extinguisher for the possible materials that could catch fire at your business. The National Fire Protection Association offers resources defining the different types of fire extinguishers.
Depending on the size and type of commercial building you own, a fire suppression system may be required, or recommended, for use. This system includes strategically located overhead sprinklers that are triggered by high heat. Additional suppression type systems, including chemical suppression, are available for properties like restaurants and catering halls where a great deal of cooking takes place.
Knowledge is the key to success when it comes to preparation and planning. Make sure all employees are knowledgeable about the protocols for building evacuation in case of fire, have evacuation routes mapped and displayed, and make sure all emergency exits are labeled. Consider practicing fire drills on a regular basis, including instruction on where to meet once evacuation has taken place.
In the unfortunate event that a fire does cause damage to your business, know that the professional team at SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is Here to Help! With extensive training, knowledge, and experience, our team is “Faster to any size disaster.” Give us a call at 229-439-2048 to learn more about our fire damage restoration services or request assistance.
Summer Maintenance Checklist- Commercial Properties
Enjoy your Summer by being prepared! Call SERVPRO of Albany & Americus today at (229) 439-2048!
Prepare Your Property for the Summer Season – Use this Checklist to Get Ready!
Maintaining a commercial property is a full time job. There is always something to fix, check in on, or improvements to handle. Keeping up on routine maintenance during the change of the seasons is a perfect way to save time and money in the long run.
As the temperatures start to climb, commercial property owners should start to think about the annual maintenance from landscaping to checking HVAC systems.
Use this handy checklist to keep your property in top condition for all seasons.
Commercial Property Summer Checklist
- HVAC System.
- Your building’s HVAC system should be checked regularly, but especially when it’s time to get ready for the summer weather. The air conditioning unit will get a work out during the summer. A proper check will ensure the system is working at its peak performance and efficiency.
- During the check of your HVAC system, adjust thermostats as necessary for higher internal temperatures. Don’t forget to check and replace the filters. Be sure to keep an eye on the unit, especially during its first run. If you notice frost build up, the help of a licensed HVAC company is necessary.
- Check the Roof for Damage.
- Inspecting the roof is an extremely important part of your summer checklist. Summer can bring in storms, and the last thing you want is a leaky roof! While you inspect the roof, check for damage like missing shingles, cracks, or even holes. Any type of damage to your roof requires the help of a professional restoration company. A leaky roof can cause mold problems. Calling in a professional as quickly as possible is necessary.
- Water Spouts and Plumbing.
- Check your plumbing thoroughly! During the summer, you can expect an increase in water usage, but the increase should not be due to leaky pipes. Start by checking any outdoor sprinkler systems for leaks. If there are standing puddles or areas of soggy soil, you may have a cracked pipe.
- High and low temperatures can also cause shifting in soil. If your septic system has lateral lines, this can lead to broken septic systems and standing water.
- Plumbing issues need to be handled immediately, especially if dealing with sewage leaks.
- Check the lighting.
- Summer means longer days, which means you can adjust outdoor timers accordingly. It’s a great time to replace burnt out bulbs or repair any frayed wiring. Cleaning the lighting fixtures is a great way to increase the appearance of the landscape of your building.
Call SERVPRO of Albany & Americus
Owning a commercial property can be a large job. Having a restoration company that you can trust in case of emergencies is important! At SERVPRO of Albany & Americus, we provide services like mold remediation, water damage repair, fire and smoke restoration, and even sewage clean up.
Our teams are fully trained and certified. We know the ins and outs of repairing and maintaining a commercial property. Since we are an emergency restoration company, we understand how important it is to be ready for any problem, at any time. Our EMERGENCY READY PROFILE will help you prepare for the worst.
Hurricane Season is Here! Is Your Business Prepared?
Ready to Start your Emergency Ready Profile. Call today: 229-439-2048!
Although not directly on the coast, the communities of Southwest Georgia are no stranger to the effects, including property damage, that hurricanes and tropical systems can produce. From high winds driving rain through windowsills, to tornadoes dismantling roofs, the variety of possible damages during hurricane season is vast. The importance of preparation for this time of year is well known, but how can you specifically help prepare your BUSINESS for a damage disaster? With the SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile (ERP)!
SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile…What’s That?
The SERVPRO ERP is a concise document that contains critical information about your business that may be needed in the event of an emergency. Your ERP is secured digitally and accessible via the SERVPRO Ready App from a smartphone or tablet no matter where you are!
What does it include?
Facility details, including water, electric, and gas shut off valve locations and photos.
A list of preferred vendors for the property.
Facility key contacts, helping to establish the line of command for authorizing work.
Additional documents and photos as desired, such as insurance declarations pages, floor plans, or blueprints.
How does this help when disaster strikes?
By having all your pertinent business information in one location, you can more quickly access needed details during an emergency. This can allow you to both locate and stop the cause of loss faster (such as a water main leak by turning off water to the building), as well as start the process of mitigation (by contacting your SERVPRO of Albany and Americus representative directly). This immediate plan of action results in a reduction of business interruption for your facility.
How do I get started?
Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus today! One of our business development representatives will come out, walk your property with you, gather key information for the profile, and compile. The best part of all…this is a COMPLETELY COMPLIMENTARY service that we offer! That’s right, a no cost assessment! We look forward to hearing from you soon and getting your Emergency Ready Profile established. Call now to learn more: 229-439-2048
Spring is Here! Let’s Talk Commercial Spring Cleaning…
Ready to schedule your spring cleaning services? Call us! 229-439-2048
Springtime brings a variety of things: warmer temperatures, growth of diverse plant life, family vacations, and….the dreaded “spring cleaning.” This chore should not only be completed at your home, but at your business as well. While the specific tasks may vary, the importance is the same: executing a deep cleaning at least once a year reduces the build up of dust, dirt, and allergens that collect, and makes your workspace more inviting. When it comes to commercial spring cleaning, SERVPRO of Albany and Americus offers a variety of services, including:
- Duct Cleaning
- Carpet/Tile Cleaning
- Odor Removal/Deodorization
- Soft Goods Cleaning – including furniture and draperies
- Thermal Fogging/Disinfection
By utilizing industry leading equipment, coupled with our extensive experience in cleaning and disinfecting all sorts of properties, the team at SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is ready to take on even the toughest cleaning jobs. We can clean from ceiling to floor, wall to wall, and will focus on high traffic and touchpoint areas.
Are you ready to schedule a “spring cleaning” service for your Southwest Georgia business? Give SERVPRO of Albany and Americus a call, 229-439-2048. We look forward to being of service to both you and your property!
Don’t Let Disaster Derail Your Business!
Commercial Property Damages! Call Us at 229-439-2048!
The last thing any business owner or leader wants to have happen is a property damage emergency, especially one that can shut their doors and reduce the revenue they are generating. Having a trusted local professional, with the right training, equipment, and experience, to respond and begin the cleanup and restoration processes is imperative to reducing business interruption. Serving Leesburg, Sylvester, Dawson, and surrounding communities, SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is your locally owned and operated cleanup and restoration professional. Our team has highly specialized training in a variety of service lines and is available 24/7/365 for emergencies.
What can I call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus to Help With?
Our team is Here to Help your business or commercial property with:
- Water Damage Mitigation
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Contents Cleaning & Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Biohazard Clean-Up
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Sewage Clean-Up
- Deep Cleaning, including COVID-19 sanitation
- …and many more services!
Ready to learn more? Need to request service? Do you have questions? Give us a call at 229-439-2048, our team is standing by and ready to help!
Additional Services for Southwest Georgia – Commercial Duct Cleaning
Do your commercial ducts need cleaning? Give us a call at 229-439-2048.
The SERVPRO brand is known across the nation as a leader in fire, water, storm and mold damage cleanup and restoration, both in the residential and commercial sectors, but did you know that your local franchise, SERVPRO of Albany and Americus, also offers additional commercial services, including duct cleaning?
That’s right! SERVPRO of Albany and Americus has the training, equipment, and expertise to clean and sanitize duct work in the largest of commercial buildings. There are many benefits to keep ductwork clean and sanitary, including:
- Extending the life of the HVAC equipment
- Providing better air quality for building inhabitants
- Helping to restore peak energy efficiency
- Helping to reduce or eliminate offensive odors
- Reducing the potential for microbial growth
To learn more about our duct cleaning services or schedule an appointment, please give us a call at 229-439-2048. Serving Baconton, Warwick, Dawson, and surrounding communities, SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is proud to help with your commercial cleaning and maintenance needs!
Common Causes of Commercial Water Damage in Southwest Georgia
call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus at (229) 439-2048
Six Common Causes Of Water Damage
Having to hire water repair professionals can put a damper on your business. Plus, any issues that cause water damage can also put endanger your employees. Therefore, if you spot any signs of water problems, you need to take action. This means addressing the potential causes of damage. Here are six common causes of water damage in commercial businesses.
Improperly sealed windows can cause more damage in a commercial building than a broken pipe. This is because water can seep in around the windows leading to mold growth and damaged wood or drywall.
Changes in pressure, deterioration over time, and freezing temperatures can lead to a broken pipe, which everyone knows is bad. Plumbing issues can lead to damaged walls, water stains, unstable floors, and mold.
If your roof drainage system is clogged, water can fall close to your building. This can do damage to your foundation. The result is puddles alongside or inside your building.
Owning a business where your roof is regularly exposed to heavy rain and snow can cause issues in your roof. Additionally, improper snow and ice removal from your roof can cause damage. This can lead to a leaky roof that leads to mold growth, fire hazards, and structural issues.
Your HVAC system uses ducts to heat and cool your business. These ducts can wear down over time, resulting in leaks that can cause water damage to your building.
Sewer water backups can lead to infections and illnesses. If you notice any gurgling drains or backed-up toilets, you should have the problem fixed and immediately call a qualified restoration company.
If you see any threats to your business in Albany, GA, you should have them fixed immediately. This can include broken pipes, flooding from a sewer backup, or other potential water damage sources. Fixing these issues can keep your business running and your employees healthy.
Commercial Restoration Services Across Southwestern Georgia!
For your commercial fire, water, mold and storm damage needs, call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus today!
SERVPRO of Albany and Americus, along with the support of a network of SERVPRO franchises nationwide, has the training, experience, equipment, and ability to service commercial properties of all shapes and sizes throughout Southwest Georgia. Headquartered in Albany, Georgia, our strategically built, locally owned and operated team can respond to property damage emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and begin the work to make your loss “Like it never even happened.”
We are proud to offer a variety of cleanup and restoration services for our commercial clients, including:
Our team has worked with a variety of commercial properties, including hospitals, military bases, restaurants, and multi-unit business offices, and we will work diligently to provide a customized restoration experience for your property as well. To learn more about the services we offer or schedule an appointment, please give our office a call at 229-439-2048. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus: We’re Here to Help!
SERVPRO of Albany and Americus’ Commercial Services: The Key to Minimizing Business Interruption
Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus for your commercial property damage needs!
When a commercial property suffers a water, fire, mold, or storm damage, one of the top priorities for many business leaders and owners is getting their organization back to work as soon as possible. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus understands this need and will work strategically to limit the amount of interruption a business suffers.
- We offer 24 hour a day, 7 day a week emergency damage response. The faster our team can get to the property and begin the mitigation process, the less likely the business is to sustain secondary damages. This results in a shorter amount of “down-time” for the company.
- We provide both mitigation and reconstruction services, streamlining the process of mitigating, cleaning, and repairing your damaged building. This “one-stop-shop for service” reduces the amount of time spent coordinating companies for the company leader, allowing them to focus on their primary goal: their business.
- We are a nationwide leader in the cleanup and restoration industry. Along with the local resources, equipment, and employees readily available for your property, SERVPRO of Albany and Americus also has the support of over 1,700 nationwide franchises in the case of large loss situations. This network allows us to respond to, and handle, even the most intricate of damages, helping make your disaster “Like it never even happened.”
When your Southwest Georgia commercial property needs cleanup and restoration, call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus’ professionals at 229-439-2048. Serving Leesburg, Vienna, Sylvester, and surrounding communities, our team has the resources, experience, and expertise to take care of you and your property, getting your business back to business faster!
Don’t Let Mold Take Hold in Your Albany Area Business!
We have the training, equipment, and experience to take on mold remediation jobs of all sizes!
In the humid Southwest Georgia climate, a minimal amount of moisture mixed with the right material, such as drywall, creates the PERFECT environment for an unwanted invader – MOLD! In order to keep yourself, your employees, and your customers safe, the last thing you want to encounter in your commercial property is mold, as mold can cause adverse health effects. Following are a couple of tips for preventing mold growth at your commercial property:
#1 – Monitor for, and repair, any leaks:
With intricate plumbing systems, and multiple points of entry and exit, commercial buildings are much more likely to incur leaks, whether from internal sources, such as sink fixtures, or external, like severe weather. Create a plan for monitoring for water leaks, and if found, repair as soon as possible to limit the amount of moisture absorbed into the building. Common signs of leaks to watch for include pooling of water in one specific location, staining on ceiling tiles or drywall, and a musty odor in a particular area.
#2 – Take care of your HVAC system:
Circulating unclean air in conjunction with humidity and moisture can lead to mold growth. Change out AC filters regularly and keep duct work maintained to limit the possibility of microbial growth. Condensation can often form at air duct vents and returns, so be cognizant of this moisture and keep it from seeping into surrounding materials.
In the unfortunate event that mold does take hold in your Albany area business, know that SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is Here to Help! We have the equipment, experience, and training to provide mold remediation services while limiting business interruption as much as possible. To learn more about our process, please give us a call at 229-439-2048.
Restoring Your Southwest Georgia Commercial Property After a Water Damage Event
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events at commercial properties are often complex, include numerous obstacles, and require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we are dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large-scale event, SERVPRO of Albany and Americus works quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, we mitigate in such a fashion that normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns as we strive to fully restore the damaged areas of your commercial property. We understand that every hour spent performing mitigation causes business interruption, so when an emergency arises at your business, give us a call, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for a quick response.
About SERVPRO of Albany and Americus
SERVPRO of Albany and Americus specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water, fire, or storm damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge, ability, and equipment to restore your commercial property.
Meet Our Team
See Our Certifications
To learn more about the commercial water damage services SERVPRO of Albany and Americus offers, give us a call at 229-439-2048, We’re Here to Help!
Mold Damage? Do not wait! Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus today at (229) 439-2048
Besides causing a major business interruption, a mold problem can present health effects for people exposed at your commercial property. Mold infestations can be caused by minor water intrusions, like a slow roof leak or loose plumbing fitting. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. If you suspect your property has a mold problem, Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus who will respond quickly and work fast to manage the situation.
Mold can spread quickly through a property if left untreated. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus can respond quickly, working to first contain the infestation to help prevent its spread to other parts of the building. Next, they will begin the remediation process, working safely and effectively to manage the situation. They have the training, experience, and equipment to contain the mold infestation and remediate it to preloss condition.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery and Fabric Cleaning Technician
Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus today at (229)439-2048
Levels of Commercial Damage
You can trust SERVPRO of Albany and Americus for your commercial mitigation, restoration, and cleaning needs!
SERVPRO of Albany and Americus handles not only residential damage and restoration, but commercial as well.
There are three levels of commercial damage that are considered:
Level 1 is a small commercial loss typically involving 15,000 square feet or less of affected floor space. If the facility was entirely affected, examples of a small commercial loss may include, but are not limited to, a stand-alone retail establishment, a small church, a daycare facility, a small shopping center, a small warehouse or manufacturing facility, or a stand-alone administrative building. A Level 1 loss can also be a small portion of a much larger structure.
Level 2 is a midsize commercial loss typically involving 15,000 to 60,000 square feet of affected floor space. The building or buildings involved are usually multi-level or greatly divided spaces. If the facility was entirely affected, examples of a Level 2 loss may include, but are not limited to, a small multi-family property, a midsize church or school, a small shopping center, a multi-tenant administration facility, or a midsize warehouse or manufacturing facility. A Level 2 loss can also be just a portion of a much larger structure.
Level 3 is a large commercial loss typically involving more than 60,000 square feet of affected floor space. The building or buildings involved will likely be large multi-level structures. If the facility was entirely affected, examples of a Level 3 loss can include, but are not limited to, a large church, hospital, school, or university; a large multi-family property; a mid- to high-rise retail or administration facility; a large industrial, manufacturing, or warehouse facility; or a large strip-style shopping center or shopping mall. This is the level at which it would be appropriate to refer to the project as a “large loss.”
Once our team determines the level of loss, the property is further assessed, and a team of appropriate size is dispatched to get the job done quickly and efficiently, and return your business to operation “Like it never even happened.”
Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus if you have any questions at (229) 439-2048
SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile®
Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus today at 229-439-2048 to schedule an appointment for an ERP.
The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile® (ERP) will help ensure you and your business are “Ready for whatever happens.”
In the event of an emergency, the SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile® can help minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action in place for your facility. The ERP is a comprehensive document containing critical information about your business, including emergency contact information, shut-off valve locations and priority areas. The ERP is also accessible online using your computer or tablet; download SERVPRO’s free Ready Plan app to access this information at any time using your smartphone or tablet.
The ERP establishes SERVPRO of Albany and Americus as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider, giving you access to over 50 years experience and a System more than 1,700 Franchises strong. Knowing what to do and who to call in advance is key to quick response and timely mitigation. Having a plan in place may help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive and get you back in the building following a disaster.
Preparation is the key to making it through any size disaster, whether it is a small water leak, a large fire or an area flood. The best time to plan for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens. No one ever plans on a disaster, but now, you can plan for it.
The ERP is a no-cost assessment; all it requires is a little time, making it a great value that could save a lot of time in the future. Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus at 229-439-2048 to establish your Emergency READY Profile®.
The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile Advantage
Let SERVPRO of Albany and Americus help you plan for your business. Call us today at (229) 439-2048!
When damage strikes you can be ruined or you can be ready.
SERVPRO'S ERP can get our technicians out to your location fast and prevent extended downtime for your business.
As many as 50% of businesses close down following a disaster, according to the latest research. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind. And knowing you are "Ready for whatever happens" speaks trust to your clients and employees that in the event your business is affected by a disaster, they don’t necessarily have to be.
By developing a SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
- A no cost assessment of your facility.
This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and close by.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are "Ready for whatever happens."
Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus at
(229) 439-2048 and let us help you set up your personal ERP today!
Restoring Your Commercial Property After A Water Damage
Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus today at 229-439-2048 We are available 24/7.
Flooding and water damage events at Albany and Americus commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Albany and Americus
SERVPRO of Albany and Americus specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
For more information on Commercial damage, Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus Today at 229-439-2048. We are available 24/7 for all of your General Cleaning and Restoration needs.
Commercial Spring Cleaning
Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus for all of your Commercial cleaning needs at 229-439-2048
Spring cleaning time is here, and that does not just include your home. Many people spend more time at work than they do at home. Commercial properties deserve a thorough cleaning as well. This season brings allergies, coughing, sneezing and the buildup of dust is inevitable. From floor to ceiling we will clean your carpets, wipe down your fans, and disinfect during the process. We Are Here To Help!
With the recent COVID-19 outbreak we understand that many employees are not comfortable going back to their place of employment as well as clients and customers coming in to shop. We are currently disinfecting and cleaning commercial properties to help you feel safe. We follow all of the CDC guidelines and we focus on wiping down touch points such as:
- Buttons on Equipment
- Knobs and Handles
- Light Switches
- Computer mouse and keypad
We also go around spraying with our top of the line electrostatic sprayer to make sure we hit points such as:
- Tops of cubicles
- File cabinets, desktops
- Behind furniture
- Around equipment
- Under desk
Make sure your office is disinfected and cleaned properly for your employees and clients. If your office needs a thorough cleaning, call SERVPRO of Albany & Americus at 229-439-2048.
Big Commercial Projects
Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus 24/7 at 229-439-2048.
SERVPRO is a nationwide cleaning and restoration franchise system that is well respected for our expertise in serving insurance companies. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is proud to be an important part of this team. Locally, we also understand the property management and commercial real estate industry in our community. That’s how our company began many years ago. Today, serving property managers, risk managers and facilities engineers remains our focus.
We are aware that not every property repair is an emergency: Building owners, property managers and facilities personnel face a variety of important maintenance and restoration issues that can be planned and scheduled. That’s why SERVPRO of Albany and Americus performs non-emergency specialty cleaning and restoration services. Services such as: Mold remediation, HVAC system cleaning, odor control, graffiti abatement, hoarder scene cleanup, death scene cleanup, power washing, Asbestos removal and even reconstruction services. For local help with a large or small project call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus 24/7 at 229-439-2048.
Office Contents Pack-Out
Vaults containing office contents
When an office for a large medical facility was damaged by sewage, SERVPRO of Albany and Americus responded. We extracted the sewage and removed contaminated building materials such as carpeting and portions of sheetrock.
The furniture in the office, such as desks and chairs were made of metal. We were able to clean and sanitize these items.
To facilitate the final cleaning of the structure, including performing reconstruction, the furniture had to be removed.
SERVPRO of Albany and Americus technicians carefully cleaned the furniture at the location and carefully packed it into storage vaults for transport to our storage facility in Albany, Georgia. We can be reached 24/7 at 229-439-2048.
As soon as the office structure was ready for occupancy the furniture and office equipment was returned and set up.
How SERVPRO can help banks in the Albany and Americus area
Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus at 229-439-2048
SERVPRO of Albany and Americus often preforms services aside from the standard fire and water damage. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus has worked with many banks in our area regarding estimates, cleaning services, emptying out property and mold remediation on local banks. Also, when a homeowner leaves the property due to failure to pay or foreclosure the homeowner can cause major destruction from anger. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus has seen it all. From tubs, toilets, sinks filled with fecal matter to hoarding left behind. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus can provide quick and efficient clean up services. In addition is the water/mold damage. When the property is unattended for a length of time, the bank manager may not have the time to do weekly inspections. The property can suffer a water damage that progresses into mold.
Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus to schedule an estimate at 229-439-2048.
Commercial Water Damage
Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus at 229-439-2048
A water damage can happen at any time. This Commercial Water Damage decided to rear it’s ugly head in the middle of the night. Our crews responded immediately and helped this business get back to running order. With SERVPRO’s 24 hour a day, 365 day a year emergency response, we were right there to take care of business for our customer! We are always HERE TO HELP!
What would your business do if a water damage occurred? Do you know where the water shut off is for your business? Do all of your employees know where it is? SERVPRO of Albany and Americus can help answer these questions with our FREE Emergency Ready Profile. All of the information needed in the event of a fire or water damage can be found on an app that each employee could have access to.
Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus today for more information 229-439-2048.
Water damage in a local Albany office over the weekend
If you have water damage in your Albany business call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus for Water Mitigation at 229.439.2048.
On Monday morning, One of our customers arrived in the office early as usual. She was always the first one in the office. As she went to her cubicle her feet squished. She looked around & she saw that the carpet and surrounding area was completely wet. She called the office manager. The manager knew what to do, call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus. The SERVPRO crew arrived quickly and they immediately went to work. They extracted the water and set up drying equipment. The production manager monitored the loss and when he determined the area was dry, he arranged to have the carpet cleaned. The manager requested that the carpet cleaning be done after hours so the business would not be interrupted. Everyone at the Albany business was very happy when things were back to normal. If your business has water damage, please call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus 229.439.2048 to assist you.
Commericial Cleaning Experts
Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus today for all of your commercial cleaning needs at 229.439.2048.
When it comes to cleaning your office or commercial work space, having a regular janitorial service is great for the day to day maintenance, but for heavy duty situations you really need an expert. Whether it’s carpet and tile cleaning, duct cleaning or deodorization SERVPRO of Albany and Americus can get the job done. Everyone knows we are experts in cleaning up after fire or water, but we are also highly trained in the specialized training that our commercial clients require. At SERVPRO of Albany and Americus, we have worked hard to set ourselves apart as the experts in commercial cleaning. As we like to say, “If we haven’t cleaned it or don’t know how to clean it, we will figure it out.” This approach to continually learning new skills to meet the needs of commercial and industrial businesses has led us to expand our services and gain experience to truly be the best at what we do. From industrial warehouses and even textiles from work rigs, we have done it all. Give SERVPRO of Albany and Americus a call to find out more about how we can help you get your business in pristine condition.
Keeping Your Commercial Property Fire Ready
Keeping your commercial property fire ready is vital in order to avoid disaster. Your livelihood and that of your staff depends on your business, and you will want to protect it. Being ready for any kind of disaster is always a good idea. We are sharing some tips here that can help you get your property ready in the event of a fire:
Ensure that your building or suite is visibly lettered and numbered so that emergency responders can easily find your location in a timely manner. Numbers should contrast with the background used, such as black/white, while the numerals should be no less than six inches in height.
Fire extinguishers should be no more than 75 feet from work areas for easy access, and they should be mounted in a highly visible spot that is easy to get to. Make sure your extinguishers are serviced at least once a year by a licensed fire extinguisher company.
Exits need to be clearly marked with EXIT signage and should be illuminated at all times, with a battery backup for power outages. Exits should also be clear of any obstructions so that people can get out safely and quickly. Emergency lighting should be kept in working order, and the area around the building outside clear of debris and plant material, reducing the fire risk outdoors as well.
Stored materials need to be stacked at least two feet below the ceiling and be orderly. For buildings with an automatic sprinkler system, 18 inches of clearance is required, allowing smoke to collect up high, which gives people adequate time to exit and the sprinklers a clear area for their spray pattern.
Electrical outlets should have no more than one item per outlet plugged in, which may include a power strip with a circuit breaker. All electrical cords should be kept in good repair and replaced when needed.
Trash receptacles need to be kept at least five feet away from combustible roofs, windows, and door openings and not stored in the path of exits.
Have your sprinkler system tested and serviced every 12 months or less by a licensed fire sprinkler company. This practice should also be used for your fire alarm system.
If your business involves cooking foods, make sure your stove hood has been cleaned at least once every year to prevent excessive grease buildup. Ceiling exhaust fans and bathroom heater/light/fan combinations can also be a risk due to a buildup of dust and grease, resulting in increased operating temperatures.
Make sure your local fire department has valid contact information on file for your commercial property.
For more information call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus at 229-439-2048.
Commercial Water Loss
A local restaurant called SERVPRO of Albany and Americus regarding a water loss where their sprinkler system burst causing damage throughout the kitchen and adjoining rooms. The water was extracted, all areas were treated and equipment was set. Luckily, this job only needed a few days of drying. The restaurant is in a very populated area with a lot of traffic so getting them back to normal needed to happen rather quickly.
We know that no one plans on this happening but we want to be top of mind if it does. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus has trained professionals, who care about your business or home as if it is their own. This can be a tough time for you and your family. Give us a call if you need us, (229) 439-2048.
Commercial Property Clean up and Restoration
This is a photo of the a large commercial building that flooded buildings to the left and right of them.
We are committed to handling our customer's emergency needs 24/7.
In the event of a commercial loss, it is important to know in advance who you can trust to mitigate your damage in a timely and effective manner. Here are 7 reasons you should choose SERVPRO of Albany and Americus for your commercial property's cleanup and restoration:
- 24 Hour Emergency Response. In any type of loss, whether it be due to fire, water, mold, or biohazard, timely mitigation is vital to controlling damage and recovery costs. You can count on SERVPRO’s nationwide coverage and full line of restoration services to help your company make a speedy recovery.
- Communication. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus will keep you informed from start to finish. You’ll know what’s happening every step of the way. From the first notice of loss until the job is complete, we are dedicated to effectively communicating with property owners and managers. Jobs are documented extensively as well to ensure timely mitigation and communication with our customers.
- Reduce Recovery Time. When damage occurs in a business, it affects everyone from the owner, the managers, the employees, the tenants, and even the customers. Our team at SERVPRO of Albany and Americus understands the importance of mitigating damage to the structure and contents in a timely manner to help reduce recovery time and lessen business interruption.
- Lower Recovery Costs. As an independent franchise ourselves, SERVPRO of Albany and Americus understands the importance of frugality. This is why we teach our technicians to employ similar concepts when working with our customers. The following are ways that the SERVPRO System can help your business save money during mitigation:
- Emergency mitigation services help minimize your secondary damages.
- Proper restoration versus replacement of contents is less expensive.
- Faster recovery lessens loss.
- We use preapproved pricing and procedures.
- Comprehensive clean up and restoration services help prevent further problems and potential liability risks.
- Emergency Response Profile. The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile serves as a quick reference of important building and contact information or can be an ideal supplement to any well-designed emergency preparedness or existing contingency program. Rather than simply reacting to disaster situations, most prefer proactive measures to establish a relationship with a restoration services company. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus can help you plan for recovery before disaster even strikes.
- Full Line of Services. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus professionals are trained extensively to utilize the right equipment and supplies to handle all of your clean up needs.
Apartment Water Damages
In an apartment community residence will share walls from the sides and from above and below. When a water damage occurs, it can get out of hand quickly, since a water damage can affect multiple residences. You can never know when an emergency will occur, but it’s in your best interest as a property manager to always be prepared for anything. Taking these measures by the American Apartment Owners Association can help you prevent damage in the future.
- Inspect the property regularly. It is important to ask about repair needs and to check out major systems on a regular basis. If the problem is caught early, then damage can be minimized or avoided.
Water causes millions of dollars to the rental industry each year. Landlords in updated buildings are seeing damage due to the use of materials that aren’t holding up as expected. Most of the water damage is due to faulty plumbing, which can cause secondary damage like mold and other costly repairs, so it is important to inspect regularly.
- By acting early when you receive a repair request, then it can help save you money and keep the property in good condition.
- Pay attention to utility spikes. Whether you pay the utilities, or your tenant complains about a sudden increase, take it seriously. It is a warning sign that something may be spilling out. It can even signal a drug manufacturing operation which one of most costly repair jobs you will ever encounter.
- Watch the weather. Storms cause significant property damage, and lately we’ve been seeing some monsters. Once the surge is over, check for roof damage, clogged gutters, and poor drainage that may leak into the foundation. The best time to repair old and damaged roofs is when it’s dry.
- Encourage tenants to carry renters insurance. The main benefit: they won’t ask you to reimburse them for damage. The indirect benefit is making tenants aware of just how much they stand to lose if they are careless and cause damage to the property.
Water Damaged Business Documents Need Restoration
Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus at 229-439-2048 to Save Important Business Documents
SERVPRO Professionally Salvages Water Damaged Docs
Commercial Water Damage is very devastating, especially when there are paper records that have been damaged. Hard copies are sometimes needed along with digital files during the course of doing business. There are steps that you should implement when trying to preserve your damaged documents.
1. Start with the assessment of the present damage by inspecting the area well to aid in the determination of what type of equipment and work will be necessary in order to repair the damage to the structure, documents and records. The inspection must be done thoroughly, but quickly. Focus on determining the type and extent of the water damage, items that have been affected, and what can be salvaged by professional commercial water damage experts. And take photos to substantiate initial water damage. It sounds like it is more prudent to call in SERVPRO of Albany and Americus to restore both the structure and your relevant business documents.
2. Be sure to call your insurance provider to make arrangements for an adjuster to assess the water damage and set up the claim. Ask for a recommendation to restore your business space along with rescuing your documents. SERVPRO comes highly touted as a premier company that has the knowledge, experience, and equipment to mitigate water damage losses. We can also help with the insurance paperwork and the claims process to ensure your fair recovery value.
3. It is wise to freeze records that have been heavily water-logged. This is the most proven method of stabilization. This process should be done at approximately minus 20 degrees F if possible. Rapid freezing will prevent additional damage from immediately occurring and will allow more time for the drying process and the actual restoration later.
4. There has been much proof that the most efficient way to dry water-damaged papers and documents that have been frozen is to put them through the process of pressurized freeze drying. The process is called "Lyophilization." This causes the water molecules to crystallize more rapidly that are in and on the papers and documents. By decreasing the pressure in the Freeze Drying Chamber the frozen water (crystals) will change from the solid phase of water directly to the gas phase--water vapor. This sublimation process enhances the chances of salvaging valuable documents in bulk.
5. After the documents, records and papers have been freeze dried, they must be handled delicately and cautiously until they have had the necessary time to acclimate to their environment again. It is rather imperative to make sure that they are stored in a space that is well-ventilated and even air conditioned. SERVPRO can restore most water damaged commercial documents to get your business back in order "Like it never even happened."
We Use Advanced Drying Equipment and Techniques
SERVPRO of Albany and Americus invests in the latest technology and equipment because it helps us restore your business and documents more quickly and to minimize cost. Call us for Albany, Leesburg, and Americus water damaging events to your business 24/7 at (229) 439-2048
How To Survive A Commercial Fire
As soon as the fire department is through extinguishing the flames, you should contact a fire damage remediation company.
How To Survive A Commercial Fire
Although running a business can be personally rewarding and professionally advantageous, corporate leaders often find themselves grappling with challenging situations such as commercial fire damage. If your commercial property is subjected to fire, you can experience emotional upset, structural damage, health hazards, and challenges ensuring the safety of your employees. However, learning how to implement proven tips and tricks that help you grapple with the aftermath of a fire can limit and even eliminate these frustrations. With that idea in mind, consider implementing the following four strategies when you find yourself dealing with a property fire:
1. Call A Fire Damage Remediation Company.
As soon as the fire department is through extinguishing the flames, you should contact a fire damage remediation company. In many cases, property owners who undergo a fire are tempted to complete the cleanup and repair process for themselves. Don't do this. commercial fire damage remediation specialists possess the extensive education, experience, and equipment necessary to complete the restoration process quickly and correctly. If you attempt to do this work yourself, you can expose yourself to health hazards and compromise the safety of your employees.
2. Get Your Records Together.
In addition to calling a commercial fire damage remediation company, it's crucial that you get your records together. This means that you will need to create an inventory list and take pictures of damaged items. This information should be presented to your insurance agent to ensure that you attain as much coverage as possible for repair costs. Also, note that it's a good idea to purchase a fireproof safe where you can store records. It's also prudent to regularly backup your computer records and then store them on a hard drive in the safe.
3. Call Your Insurance Company.
Calling your insurance company is a must following a commercial fire. As mentioned earlier, you'll need to present them with records and documentation indicating the depth and scope of damages. In addition to determining how much coverage you will attain, the insurance company may be able to refer you to a highly qualified fire damage remediation company.
4. Attain Approval To Reenter The Property.
Don't assume that it is safe to reenter your property after a fire. In some cases, there may be sanitation issues, health hazards, or structural weaknesses that make reentry unsafe. For this reason, it's important that you attain permission to reenter from the fire department or another authoritative figure.
Call SERVPRO For Excellent Fire Damage Remediation Services
Once a commercial fire strikes your property, attaining professional fire damage remediation services is a must. With more than 50 years of industry experience and a team of passionate, IICRC-certified professionals, SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is your first and only choice for expedient, efficient remediation services. We offer excellent customer service, use cutting edge equipment, and keep our clients informed during each stage of the remediation process. We're ready to get your commercial property in pristine condition, so call us now at (229) 439-2048!
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is strategically located to respond quickly to your fire emergency event. When commercial fire damage occurs, we have the resources and personnel to help. Call us today! (229) 439-2048
11 Tips for What to do During and After a Americus Business Fire
If you see any smoke, do not open the door.
11 Tips for What to do During and After a Business Fire
Americus commercial fire damage can have a devastating impact on the daily activities of your business. In order to survive Americus commercial fire damage, your company needs to have a plan of action. At SERVPRO, we know how disorienting and frightening a fire can be. We have compiled a list of things you can do in the event of a business fire.
1. Check your doors. Before opening any door, you should check the opening of the door to see if there is the presence of smoke. The saying 'where there is smoke there is fire' is an accurate statement. If you see any smoke, do not open the door. You can also touch the door to gauge its temperature. Exit through windows if the doors are unavailable.
2. Get out of the building - FAST. It is important not to waste time gathering personal items. Find the nearest route to get you and your staff to safety. When you are safely outside of the building, move as far away from it as possible.
3. Be aware of the dangers of smoke inhalation. As you exit the building, stay as far away from smoke as possible. Instead of walking, crawl on the floor until you are safely out of the building. Inhaling smoke can cause you to feel weak and lead to death. Stay clear of any smoke.
4. Take a head count. When your staff has moved to a safe place, count the number of people that have made it out of the building safely. If you find that a person is missing, do not go back into the building to find them. Allow the first responders to conduct the search. Only return to the building when it is safe to do so.
5. Contact the American Red Cross.
6. Call your insurance company. They can help you fix the commercial damage.
7. Do not re-enter the building without permission from the fire department under any circumstances.
8. Gather your records and important documents to present to the insurance company.
9. Keep track of any expenses related to the commercial damage.
10. Contact the police. If your property is abandoned and open to the public, request police to monitor the building during your absence.
11. Contact SERVPRO for disaster restoration services.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is locally owned and operated and we are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,650 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large-scale fire, water, and storm disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Commercial Fire Damage Albany, GA
- Leesburg Commercial Fire Damage, GA
- Commercial Fire Damage Americus, GA
- Sylvester Commercial Fire Damage, GA
- Commercial Fire Damage Camilla, GA
- Dawson Commercial Fire Damage, GA
- Commercial Fire Damage Cuthbert, GA
- Bainbridge Commercial Fire Damage, GA
- Commercial Fire Damage Montezuma, GA
- Vienna Commercial Fire Damage, GA